The Supervised Exercise Program is designed for certain individuals who are not currently exercising and would like to start a routine under the care of an exercise professional. The program is designed to help you improve your health and cardiovascular fitness, and provide you with the necessary tools to make exercise a routine part of your lifestyle. All participants must meet specific criteria to qualify for program.
Ask the front desk for a screening form.
- To participate, you must possess at least two of the following risk factors:
- Obese (BMI >27 or waist >40 in. for men and >35 in. for women)
- High Blood Pressure or on blood pressure medication
- High Cholesterol or on cholesterol medication
- Pre-diabetic/ Diabetic or on blood sugar medication
- Sedentary (exercise less than three days per week for at least six months)
- The program includes 36 supervised exercise sessions over 12-14 weeks with an exercise professional.
- Sessions are held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 6:30 a.m., 7:30 a.m., 8:30 a.m., or 12:30 p.m. at the UHealth Fitness and Wellness Center.
- The total cost to participate is $300. Payroll deduction is available for UM employees.
University of Miami Employee Well ’Canes Incentives and Rebate Details
- Incentives – Upon completion of the program, all UM medical plan policy holders are eligible to earn 500 points toward their Well ’Canes incentives goal. The points will automatically be added to your Well ’Canes incentives point total. Visit Well ‘Canes website for more information and to register for the incentives program.
- Rebate – Eligible participants can earn a rebate of 20% ($60) by completing 36 sessions within 12-14 weeks.